Wednesday, 10/15

* Open
  • Notes: Copy these sentences into your your composition book and label.  Which fit best together?  By process of elimination, can you roughly define synecdoche? We will define it, officially, tomorrow. 
  1. And God said, "This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
     I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth" (Gen. 9). 
  2. Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will flourish like a green leaf (Prov. 11:28). 
  3. The tongue of the righteous is choice silver (Prov. 10:20). 
  4. And you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8).
  • Metaphor and polysyndeton
  • Symbol and polysyndeton              
  • Simile (which, in this case, is also symbolic) 
  • Synecdoche (which, in this case, is also symbolic)     
* Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: Part III

* Journal 10

HW: Finish Part III; J10

No comments:

Post a Comment