G. K. Chesterton (1874--1936)

I am a shameless G. K. Chesterton enthusiast.  If you want to know why, read a few of these quotations.  If nothing there interests you, then you probably won't enjoy reading more of him.

I lead a monthly book club (to which you are most welcome to join!) in Watsonville that chiefly reads Chesterton.  I wrote my master's thesis on Chesterton.  He inspires me richly.

If you would like to learn a bit about him, here is some background:
God's Knight and Jester: G. K. Chesterton (1874--1936)

Chestertonia Often Found in Class:

 

G. K. C.: Essays and Criticism

    •  "An Essay on Two Cities"!
    • Required reading at UCSC (at some point)
    • "A Piece of Chalk"
  • The Defendant
    • "A Defense of Skeletons"
    • "A Defense of Ugly Things"
    • "A Defense of Baby-Worship"

G. K. C.: Poetry

G. K. C.: Stories and Novels

G. K. C.: The More Political Side: Distributism, History, etc.



Chesterton's Writing Chair

No comments:

Post a Comment